Monday, March 26, 2012

Saint Augustine, Florida

Yesterday I went on a day trip with a friend to St. Augustine.  It is the oldest city in the nation and founded in 1565! It is about 2 1/2 hours away from Orlando but it was definitely worth the visit!  We left around 9:30am and didn't get back until 8pm.  Super fun day! We walked down brick roads and saw Spain styled architecture and a fort that was made to protect the Spanish colonies from threats from the Gulf.  I didn't take many pictures because I wore a dress and had no pockets to keep my phone but I got a picture of the reenactment of a cannon shot.

This is the picture of the cannon shot that I got with my phone.

I will also post a couple pictures of the architecture from pictures online so that way you can get a feeling of how cool it was :)

Lightner museam

Flager College

There was also a ton of shopping to do here and we also went to a wine tasting! I really haven't tried many wines and I found a couple that are pretty good and I wasn't expecting that so that's always a cool experience.  It was a really cool city and I want to go back before I leave Florida.  There is so much to do but not in one day :)



1 comment: