Anyways, we drove to the beach for low cost-relaxing day. Neither Francisco or I had ever been to Daytona Beach, so that was our destination for the day. Daytona Beach is about an hour drive from the apartment. It was fairly busy for school to still be in session around here. But we had a lot of fun. Francisco drove, and we were able to park on the beach so we could have access to our car all day long. We layed out and swam in the ocean for about 4-5 hours and then walked around the boardwalk. The boardwalk was nothing special. All the stores sold the same items for the same price just different store. But it was still a different experience and got us out of the apartment for the day.
I however, got super super burnt. The burn in Miami had nothing on Daytona. I used SPF 50 every hour even though the directions said it was good for 80 minutes. But I don't think the sunscreen worked. It wasn't expired and I just bought it the week before, but something wasn't right with that bottle. I was so burnt I couldn't sleep on my stomach or back for 4 days and I had to take advil for the pain of my shirt on my shoulders. I am writing this post 3 weeks later and I still have some peeling. It was a very horrible burn. But the day was still fun even with the burn.
| You really can't see the extent of my burn in this picture but I was VERY red. |
Ouch!
ReplyDeleteOye! Sounds painful :(
ReplyDelete