Let me sum up what I have been up to for the last few months:
In January, before the semester started, I ended up taking a spur of the moment trip to Miami to see my NIU football team compete in the Orange Bowl. We lost pretty badly but it was still a lot of fun. I went with my soon to be roommate and I got to meet up with a friend from Disney! So even though I was only in Florida for a total of about 48 hours I had a lot of fun.
![]() |
| New Year's Eve in Miami with my friend Tienique |
![]() |
| Here is us at the beach |
![]() |
| At the game :) |
Then the semester started, I was with the same group of gals from last semester and I even had a couple of the same professors. However, I feel like the work load was intensified by about 10. Somehow I managed to get all the projects and papers done.
![]() |
| My cohort |
For spring break in March, I decided to fly back to Florida and visit with my friend. It was a lot of fun and a much need vacation, even though I didn't do too much while I was there. But I can honestly say I missed the state a lot.
![]() |
| Mikaila and I on St. Patrick's day |
After spring break, more course work. I didn't have any clinicals this semester (as in I didn't get to work with kids) but I do think I learned a lot of beneficial info.
![]() |
| Working on the background for a puppet show! |
May crept around the corner and we had finals. I was barely hanging on o one of my A's..actually I was pretty sure I was getting a B in my multicultural class but when Mid-May came around and grades were up. I was jumping for joy! First 4.0 since I started college.. About time though right?!
Anyways, summer hasn't been much fun. I have been working 40 hours since class got out. However, I have been getting trained in other areas of the store. I am getting pharmacy trained as well as front end attendant (kind of like a managing position) so I have been keeping super busy.
Hopefully some time this summer I can at least go up to the city for a bit or even go to Lake Michigan. But until then I will be trying to work as much as possible to start saving for next spring when I will be student teaching and not able to work at target.
Well that is a quick summary of my past semester. Not too much!
Until next time,
Erin







Love you update! Love ya, Mom
ReplyDelete