Sunday, December 16, 2012

First professional semester-FINISHED!

It has been awhile!  I don't even know if anybody will be checking this, but my first profession semester as an early education college student is complete!! It has been a long and hard road.  Probably one of my most difficult semesters yet..and I didn't even have a science course!
To sum up my semester, I took 5 classes and one 8 week clinical.  My classes were all 3 hours long different days of the week, and my clinical was working in a preschool classroom with amazing little 3-5 year olds and 2 teachers.  I am so excited I choose this degree..the 8 weeks I was in the classroom was super crazy but I have never had so much fun learning and being able to interact with the kids.  Don't get me wrong they were crazy to control most of the time, but in the end when you saw them finally be able to write their name all by themselves after practicing every day for weeks is really an awesome feeling.
It has been super cool going to my classes this semester because it is the same group of 16 girls in all my classes so we became pretty close and worked on all of our homework and projects together.  I have never had such a big study group! So it was nice being able to bounce ideas off each other! Also they will be with me til I graduate in May 2014 so it will be nice knowing the people in your classes like I did before college.
I have also been working on average 20 hours a week at Target, lately its been more like 25 hours but gotta make that dough for Christmas!  Target is crazy busy with the holidays but it makes the days go by fast.  I also was guest service trained so that was really exciting for me since I have been only Starbucks for so long.
At the end of the month I will be heading back to Florida, to Miami because my NIU football team is playing in the Orange Bowl! So there was a student package to go to Miami-all inclusive deal for 160! which I thought was too good to pass up! Plus I will get to see one of my old Disney friends when I am there, she lives in Ft Lauderdale which is right next to Miami! I cannot wait! I am going with one of my best friends here at NIU and then we are staying in a room with my coworker and her friend so I think its gonna be a blast!

Well thats about it for my update,  I haven't really taken any pictures in the last couple months so I will just leave you guys with an update for now :)

Hope everyone else had a great couple of months too!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked your blog for along time ! Sorry!! Hope you up date it again soon..

    Grandma H

    ReplyDelete