Monday, July 28, 2014

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico

On Monday, Francisco's nephew drove us to Old San Juan where we spent 4-5 hours walking around and looking at all the different buildings and the forts.  It was really hot this day and there wasn't much shade where we were walking so I was a very sweaty chick!  I still had a lot of fun and got to see some cool stuff!

I don't know what this building is but I liked how it looked.

Palm trees<3

The senate building

Wooo finally a little breeze!


The first fort we saw




The coast and part of the forts


This is kind of a "ghetto" area. On the other side is more tourist area so it was crazy to see this but I thought it looked cool on the water like this too.

The Morro.  A very popular fort.  We walked through here and we saw different parts of the building.







This is a wild iguana posing for pictures! We saw two during this visit to the Morro.  Definitely different wildlife here in Puerto Rico!

There is Puerto Rico in case you were wondering :P it is the little green island!

Another statue that looked cool. I don't have information on it though.

Streets in Old San Juan.  Blue bricks.

Another beautiful church.

This was a weird tree! Just in the middle of the sidewalk and it was huge! My phone couldn't even get the whole tree in the picture!

More of the weird tree from a different angle across the street!

A typical lollipop in Puerto Rico.  It was cherry flavored with sesame seeds.  A very different combination but it was tasty!

Can you see the sesame seeds?

1 comment: